RootsTech is the premiere genealogy and technology conference, for anyone with an interest in genealogy and family history, from beginners to professionals. RootsTech 2016 begins with the one-day Innovator’s Summit on Wednesday, which focuses on emerging technologies in family history research. RootsTech officially opens on Thursday, with a multitude of classes and the opening of the Expo hall following the keynote address.
The first RootsTech, held in 2011, was attended by about 3,000 people, and attendance has grown exponentially since. RootsTech 2015 saw just under 24,000 attendees, with a host of great keynote speakers, including Donny Osmond, as well as top-notch entertainment at after-conference events. This year’s conference is sure to be just as amazing, and, if things continue as they have historically, this will be the best RootsTech ever.
From the conference, you can expect
- Excellent keynote speakers
- A wide variety of classes, workshops, and other presentations
- Interesting genealogy innovations and exhibits in the Expo hall
- Great entertainment after hours
Personally, you may expect to
- Learn research methods, tips, and strategies from some very knowledgeable genealogists
- Discover many new innovative products to help you research, organize, and share your family history
- Meet lots of like-minded genealogy friends
- Sleep little, walk lots, and learn so much you’ll think your head won’t fit in your hat any more!
To get the most out of your RootsTech experience, planning is essential!
Stay tuned next week for helpful posts from your Conference Keepers to help you get the most out of your RootsTech experience.