Read today’s Calendar bites for the agenda of this day’s family history events and historical celebrations.
You might also want to review our Calendar, Call for Papers, Contests, or other sections to see what is coming up.
- Sparky Anderson, 1934. American baseball manager, born George Lee Anderson.
- Robert Baden-Powell, 1857. Founder of the Boy Scouts and Girl Guides.
- Francis Pharcellus Church, 1839. Journalist and editor who wrote the most famous editorial of all time, beginning “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.”
- Edward Kennedy, 1932. Aka “Ted” Kennedy. Youngest brother of the Kennedy political dynasty.
- James Russell Lowell, 1819, American essayist, poet and diplomat.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay, 1892. American poet.
- Robert Pershing Wadlow, 1918. Tallest man in recorded history at 8 ft 11.1 inches tall.
- George Washington, 1732. First president of the United States.
Anniversary of Florida’s Acquisition by the United States
60ty Anniversary of the Montgomery Boycott Arrests
Woolworth’s First Opened in 1879
Be Humble Day
World Thinking Day
Walking the Dog Day
Cook a Sweet Potato Day
First day of World Engineering Week
KY – The Underground Railroad in the Ohio River Valley At Boone County Public Library – Main 1786 Burlington Pike, Burlington.For more info: http://www.bcpl.org/lhg/
MI – WMGS Classes – Genealogy Reports Grand Rapids Public Library, Adult Computer Training Center, lower level. Western Michigan Genealogical Society Genealogy Classes Genealogy Reports with Linda Guth. 6:30-8:30 pm. Grand Rapids Public Library,Adult Computer Training Center, lower level. For more info: http://www.wmgs.org/meetings_events.htm
UK – NIFHS DNA & Understanding Family Finder Honneyman Room, NIFHS Research Centre, Unit C4, Valley Business Centre,67 Church Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT36 7LS. 3 sessions, Mondays, 2/22, 2/29 and 3/7, 7-9p. This 3 session course is designed for those who have already taken Family Tree DNA’s FamilyFinder Test and have received their results. For more information: http://www.nifhs.org/resources/courses/