Read today’s Calendar bites for the agenda of this day’s family history events and historical celebrations.
You might also want to review our Calendar, Call for Papers, Contests, or other sections to see what is coming up.
- Johnny Cash, 1932. Iconic country music star.
- William Frederic “Buffalo Bill” Cody, 1846. American frontiersman who claimed to have killed more than 4,000 buffalo.
- Honore Daumier, 1808. French painter and caricaturist.
- Herbert Henry Dow, 1866. Chemist and entrepreneur, founder of Dow Chemical.
- Jackie Gleason, 1916. American musician, comedian and actor.
- Victor Hugo, 1802. Popular French author, known for Les Miserables.
- Tony Randall, 1920. American actor, known for The Odd Couple.
- Levi Strauss, 1829. Inventor of blue jeans “Levis”
Personal Chef Day
For Pete’s Sake Day
Tell A Fairy Tale Day
Grand Canyon and Grand Teton National Parks Established, 1919, 1929 respectively
IN – Beginning Genealogy Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center, 450 W Ohio St,Indianapolis, IN 46202, United States Sponsored by the Indiana Historical Society. 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center, Day Classroom. Whereto start, using information you already have, and learning where to find new information, as well as helpful tips and organization ideas.$10 nonmembers; $8 members. Includes parking and admission to the Indiana Experience. Register online or call (317) 232-1882 for more information.
OH – Florida Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society Annual Conference Annual Conference with presentations by Debbie Mieszala CG
WI – Milwaukee Co Genealogical Society Mtg and Program 2016 Genealogical Resources Available at the Milwaukee County HistoricalSociety, with Kevin Abing. For more info: www.milwaukeegenealogy.org