- John Hancock, 1737. American patriot and statesman, and first signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- Joseph Hewes, 1730, Signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- Ernic Kovacs, 1919. Comedian and television pioneer.
- Edouard Manet, 1832. French artist
- Local Quilt Shop Day – Celebrating independently owned quilt shops. Visit one today and pick up some of the fabric needed to donate a block for the donation quilt with GeneaQuilters – the Star-Spangled Banner Quilt! See the GeneaQuilters blog for all the details. Blocks accepted until the end of February 2016.
- National Handwriting Day – celebrated on John Hancock’s birthday, to encourage more legible handwriting. Aren’t you glad that John Hancock knew how to write in cursive?
We’ve got genealogy events on our calendar today in Saskatchewan, California, delaware, Florida, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. Know of any other upcoming events? Please use the Submission tab and let us know!